- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Motivation is a key factor for business as it is often recognised that well-motivated employees are more productive and produce better quality work. The way managers motivate people has significantly changed over the last few years
The first 200 words of this essay...
MANAGING AND LEADING PEOPLE
MANGING FOR RESULTS
Subject: Employees contributions can no longer be extracted by shame, guilt and fear, it has to be offered. Issues about motivation and commitment are critical. Yet many of the levers which managers have relied on to motivate employees are increasingly unreliable.
Critically evaluate this view in the light of examples from your experience of a work organisation.
FACTORS GOVERNING THE WORKING RELATIONSHIP 4
1. THE EVOLUTION OF THE WORKING RELATIONSHIP 4
2. RISKS INHERENT TO THE USE OF SHAME, FEAR AND GUILT AS MOTIVATORS 5
GOOD PRACTICE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL CONTRACT 6
1. HOW TO EFFECTIVELY USE FEAR, SHAME AND GUILT IN PRACTICE 6
2. THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CONTRACT 6
Motivation can be defined as "a decision making process, through which the individual chooses the desired outcomes and sets in motion and behaviour appropriate to them" (Buchanan 2004.). Motivation is a key factor for business as it is often recognised that well-motivated employees are more productive and produce better quality work. The way managers motivate
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Recruitment and Selection
- HRM best practise case study. Research into HRM at a branch...
- LITERATURE REVIEW STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- Dissertation proposal "Critically evaluate recruitmen...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.