- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Must women adopt male characteristics in order to succeed?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Must Women Adopt Male Characteristics In Order To Succeed?
This essay is will address the question of whether women must adopt male characteristics in order to succeed or not. Firstly, it will define what success actually is and demonstrate what the reality is for women. Secondly, it will argue for and against the adoption of male characteristics by analysing and comparing various studies, criticism and results.
What do women need to do in order to succeed? Do they have to behave in a specific manner in order to be taken seriously? The evidence shows that women have recently been advanced to senior positions in large organisations (Wirth, 2001). However, they are still underrepresented in positions of authority within the public world of work compared to their male counterparts (White et al, 1992). Does that mean masculine style is what organisations are looking for in their leaders, and is it possible for a woman, displaying her 'female traits', to reach the top?
What is success?
In order to decide objectively what success is, we must first define what it means to ourselves as individuals, families and organisations. People are different. Their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- An example of a personal development plan
- Managing financial resources and decision assignment
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Strategic Business Plan of Nokia. This strategic report exa...
- Easyjet analysis - Within this essay there is going to be an...
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student