- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Oligopoly and Ladies bags
The first 200 words of this essay...
When each woman chooses her own style there is always a question of which bag to choose. After the era of small rucksacks almost each one of them has one somewhere at home, and even though it seems that the rucksack is still in good shape and can be used, yet the change in fashion happens quicker then the wearing out of a bag. Gucci, Prada and Versace usually determine the style of bags every season and a lot of influence. Even though the products are extremely expensive, they are still very popular.
The main characteristics of an oligopoly are; a few number of firms which sell similar product, each firm produces branded products, land there are likely to be significant entry barriers into the market in the long run which allows firms to make loads of profits.
An oligopoly is a market dominated by few large suppliers and a large present of the market is taken up by the leading firms. Firms within an oligopoly produce branded products, which makes advertising and marketing a very important part of the competition within such a market.
As one opens a fashion
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Marketing case study. How Bisleri bottled water competes in ...
- Using Porters' Five Forces theory, analyse the competitive e...
- Analysis and Development of Porter's Five Forces Model.
- Nike Supply Chain (NSC) Project.
- Marketing Research Report. The data results showed us the m...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.