- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Operating strategy: Current Strategies and Future Implications o The functional layout of the Bed Bath & Beyond stores allows for convenient navigation through the 11 specialty stores within each superstore. The racetrack layout showcas
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Business strategy: Bed Bath & Beyond's boutique superstore strategy of offering an extensive product line and superior customer service translates into a customer-friendly shopping experience at a store with a variety of quality products at reasonable prices.
o This is an effective strategy because customers can get everything in one place, while private label merchandise allows them to get a discount instead of having to pay a premium for the convenience.
o Also, although the size of the BBBY stores could easily create an impersonal environment, the company is making a conscious effort to design their stores and policies around the needs of the customer.
o Currently, BBBY has built a higher margin business and they need to be careful that in their future growth they do not sacrifice these margins to price wars.
* Operating strategy: Current Strategies and Future Implications
o The functional layout of the Bed Bath & Beyond stores allows for convenient navigation through the 11 "specialty stores" within each superstore. The "racetrack" layout showcases the merchandise and makes locating a particular product easier.
o Local responsiveness is one
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- This report will detail how the Ford VEP plan added value by...
- Analysis of fINANCIAL SITUATION OF TESCO PLC. This project w...
- Making use of Porter's five forces model and strategic group...
- Corporate Restructuring of British Telecom
- Burroughs Welcome Company - Retrovir case analysis - Company...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student