- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Operations Management at Tescos - The Final Report
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Final Report
Word Count: 1550
Our core purpose to create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty and provide quality (Tesco plc). Clearly states its values and what Tesco believes in to have a successful business; it opened its first stores in 1929 founded by Jack Cohen. The report explains and evaluates the operation functions such as Quality and what Tesco do to maintain quality, Tesco set their own standards for quality. They haven't yet implemented a quality system such as Total Quality Management and IS0900. There are four types of layout but Tesco is mainly cornered with Cell Layout it groups similar departments together; most stores are similar laid out however some do contrast. Tesco is influenced by a variety of factors when it comes to location. Three appendices have been attached they include input-process-output Diagram, Flow process Diagram and Cause and Effect diagram, Illustrating a quality problem. Conclusions have been given about how well they have done even without a quality system in place but I have recommended if they do that it would greatly benefit them overall.
1.0 Introduction to Tesco 4
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Business enviroment assignment. The purpose of this report i...
- Fitness Plus is a full-service health and sports club situat...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- In order to successfully analyse Apple, the Star Analysis (S...
- Work Based Project
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.