- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Organizational Behaviour, a Case Study of Brownloaf Mctaggert
The first 200 words of this essay...
Organizational Behaviour Issues in Watkins
The MacTaggart case presents a company with an array of organizational issues that if not acknowledged and addressed might have severe implications for the firm's future success. While Watkins International's acquisition of Brownloaf MacTaggart and Co. (BM) may have been a shrewd business investment, from a human perspective the integration has not been particularly smooth. The shift from being a small independent company to a division within a large corporation has meant sudden changes in leadership and management styles. The result is that the former BM employees have been left somewhat isolated - clashing with Watkins' culture and values. In addition to the problems of cultural integration, the company seems to lack in sophisticated goal setting and reward policies. This has led to an unpleasant atmosphere with a clear hierarchy and a fiercely competitive 'backstabbing' environment in which consulting projects are assigned based on punishment or reward, as opposed to the skill and ability of individual consultants. There are two major views to consider within this case: firstly is the macro view, i.e. the impact a vertical acquisition can have on an organization's culture and how it adapts. Secondly, is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Change Management
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.