- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Organizational structure at Oklahoma State University Medical Center
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Organizational design is the process of constructing and adjusting an organization's structure to achieve its business strategy and goals" (Nelson & Quick, 2011, p. 518). The organization's structure gives it the form to be able to fulfill its function in the environment. The structural configuration is determined by the organization's mission and purpose. An organization must look at its contextual variables and adjust itself to meet the demands and functions.
There are six basic design dimensions that must have a desired level of each structural dimension in order to meet the desired configuration of the organizations. The first dimension is formalization. As a nurse it doesn't matter where you work the role of the nurse is highly regulated by the States Nurse Practice Act. The Nurse Practice Act regulates the scope of practice of a nurse. Oklahoma State University is also regulated by other state and federal authorities such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, and Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP). These governing bodies place standards of care that must be met by the hospital, often defining an employees' role.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Change Management
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.