- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Outline and critically evaluate Sony's strategic position in 2002 - What strategic changes (if any) would you recommend to Sony's Management?"
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question 3 :
"Outline and critically evaluate Sony's strategic position in 2002
What strategic changes (if any) would you recommend to Sony's Management?"
Sony main activities portfolio revenue in 2002 comes from electronics, which reach 64% of the revenue. This is followed by games segment with 12 % of the revenues in 2002 and by the music and pictures with both 8 %.
But activities who generate big turnover are not necessary activities who generate big profit. In fact, in 2002, the first activity who generate the biggest profit is games with a $939 million profit. After there is pictures with a profit of $491 million, electronics product with a profit of $445 million and financial services with a profit of $194 million.
However music segment had a lost of $72 million. (Sony.net)
Turnover and profit is two different things and both are not linked as we can see for Sony case in 2002.
Financial services don't provide big turnover but is very profitable for Sony which is very important like that Sony can sustain investment in other segments.
Sony's strategic position in 2002 can be analysed trough an external
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing and the four P's.
- Introduction to Marketing - Using Sony/Sony Ericsson as an e...
- An appropriateness of applying PEST analysis, Porter's Five ...
- Formulating Marketing Strategy In the Food and Hospitality I...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.