- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Performance Appraisal: Remedial Action. he first purpose of this review is to analyze theoretical aspects of performance appraisal system. The second purpose of this review is to discuss and analyze performance appraisal system (EPAP) of Commonwealth Ban
- Essay length: 4314 words
- Submitted: 10/08/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Performance Appraisal: Remedial Action
Human Resource Management
D-6 Tower Bhaban, Fuller Road
Dhaka University Campus
Student ID: 11320053
Charles Sturt University
Performance appraisal is designed to look backward in order to look forward. In recent years, widespread attention has been paid to the role of performance appraisal as a critical tool in human resource management. The amount of writing in this area has increased dramatically, it is doubtful that significant progress has been made in developing appraisal system that can be both effective and acceptable to users. Bernadin and Smith (1981), for example, concluded that despite all the controversy surrounding various appraisal measures, empirical research suggests that no particular method is clearly superior to the rest. Henderson (1981, p.8) lamented, " It is unlikely that any managerial problem has so successfully resisted solution than arriving at an acceptable, useful, and valid method for appraising performance."
It is not very difficult to assemble a long list of reasons why performance appraisal does not or will not work in a particular
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Jinnikins Jeans' approach to HR
- Models of Human Resource Management: A Critical Review of Th...
- Career Development Plan Summary
- Motivation. The purpose of this brief paper is to explore th...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.