- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Problem Definition There is a low level of job satisfaction at the Lima Tire Plant that is causing a high rate of employee turnover, specifically in the foremen position.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Treadway Tire Company Case Study
Treadway Tire Company is a major North American supplier of tires to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and replacement tire markets. They currently manufacture Treadway Primo, Treadway Performance, and other private tire brands.
Treadway's Lima Tire Plant, based out of Lima, Ohio is considered one of the company's top plants for productivity and quality ratings. A continuous operations plant - operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week with four rotating shifts - the Lima Plant produced approximately 25,000 tires per day in 2007 alone.
There are over 1100 employees at the Lima Plant location - 970 hourly and 150 salaried. The hourly employees are unionized by the United Steelworkers (USW) and are directly supervised by the salaried line foremen. The foremen possess a large bulk of the responsibilities at Lima, supervising all phases of production and quality assurance work as well as dealing with a variety of personnel, resource and administrative duties. They are often pulled in conflicting directions by the hourly employees, the union regulations and upper management. According to Brandon Bellingham, the plant manager at Lima, "Meeting performance goals is the most important
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Business analysis of uk no-frills airline industry
- What is a Bureaucracy? What are the advantages and disadvant...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- The Changan Ford Joint Venture has been very successful for...
- E-Business Evaluation of Tesco.com
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student