- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Product - Singapore Airlines In-flight services.
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Principles of Marketing' Group Coursework
Product: Singapore Airlines In-flight services
Part1. Brief background of the firm:
Singapore Airlines was created in October 1972 following the split of Malaysia - Singapore Airlines. The split happened due to the difference between the business objectives: Singapore branch had an objective to service more international routes, whereas Malaysian branch concentrated more on regional services. When it was first launched, Singapore Airlines had quite a modest fleet comprising 10 aircrafts, a staff of 6,000 and a route network of 22 cities in 18 countries. In addition to that, Singapore Airlines already had 25 years of experience under their belt and unlimited ambition to become truly global.
Immediately after the launch, Singapore Airlines went through very extensive expansion and modernization of its fleet. Longer-term strategy of investment and product innovation followed, which helped the company to build strong brand and profitability. As the result, in thirty years time, the hard-working little airline from remote Asian island became a widely recognized global player. Today, Singapore International Airlines (SIA) is among the ten biggest airlines in the world, with more than 20 subsidiaries. The overall excellence of SIA is repeatedly recognized with the highest
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Strategic Plan Burberry
- Branding. This dissertation aims to link the brand literatur...
- Market Research Proposal
- Why do we have fluctuating gross margins?
- The 'Notness' principle - a semiotic model of meanings
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.