- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Purchasing & Supply Management - Case study on marathon oil.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Purchasing & Supply Management
Table of Content
Summary of case study
Review of problems and concerns
Information on key players
Problems answered in case study
How the problems solved its self
Global Supply Management
Case Study 14-2 centers around Bob Engel, the procurement supervisor for Marathon Oil Company, and whether or not in his capacity in procurement, he should take the initiative in submitting a plan to justify an additional International Purchasing Office based in the Sakhalin Island.
The Sakhalin Island Project, a primitive piece of land with little infrastructure to work with and challenging climate located in Russia, will be home to Marathon's Oil for many years and needs facilities at the site location.
How Marathon Oil came to this pressing dilemma, and the solving, by researching Marathon's roots and past global ventures brought them to the Sakhalin Island Project.
In the early 1990s, Marathon Oil Corp. was a pioneer in the development of Russia's resource-rich offshore fields in the Sea of Okhotsk in the Far East. The U.S. Company, had vast experience of more than a century in the oil
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Fitness Plus is a full-service health and sports club situat...
- Critically evaluate the arguments for Corporate Social Respo...
- An example of a personal development plan
- Ryanair the low-fares airlines. Strategy and leadership ca...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.