- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rayovac Corporation case study
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rayovac was a well established brand which had two main competitors that it had fallen behind, since it had not aggressively marketed the brand for many years. The main competitors were Duracell and Energizer, which had come out with a new line of batteries called e2. They had also fallen behind in market share and consumer awareness, while the company switched hands several times. The Tomas H. Lee Group of Boston acquired the company in 1996 and, attempting to turn the company around, the group brought in David A. Jones as the new CEO. He had experience in turning around other top companies such as GE, Electrolux, Regina, and Thermoscan, and the Tomas H. Lee Group was hoping that his experience at various different types of companies would help build a stronger company.
Jones's main focus was on changing the marketing strategies, a sufficient distribution change, orient the company globally, and increasing the product lines. Jones stepped up the advertisement campaigns by obtaining credible spokespersons, such as Michael Jordan and Brett Favre, and a more sustained focus on Arnold Palmer. He also recognized the need to target national mass merchandisers for distribution
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Strategic Plan Burberry
- My research aims to study the impact of advertising on consu...
- Literature Review of CSR
- How can Baxton technology maintain its fast paced growth and...
- How Does ASDA Maintain a Competitive Advantage?
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.