- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Recommendations for Proctor and Gamble
The first 200 words of this essay...
Proctor and Gamble currently enjoys market dominance in many consumer product categories. One such category is the light-duty liquid detergent market where it commands a 42% market share. The introduction of new brands, such as Dawn in 1976, has been a key reason why P&G has achieved this share and growth in the LDL business. Currently, P&G is looking to further grow this business and capture more market share. P&G acknowledges that the LDL business is experiencing slow growth mostly due to the attrition by users to automatic dishwashers. Therefore, P&G aims to increase volume sales by drawing customers away from competition or by addressing unsatisfied market needs.
The LDL market is comprised of three segments: mildness, performance, and price. There are three feasible alternatives for P&G to consider. One is to introduce a new brand that expands the mildness or performance segments, to introduce a new brand to enter the price segment. P&G already has products, Ivory and Dawn, that address the mildness and performance segments. Market research also does not show significant growth potential in these segments. The price segment of the market is a potentially fickle with no clear evidence of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Does OPEC have a monopoly in the supply of oil?
- Chapter Notes on Marketing Management by Philip Kotler 10th ...
- P1: A description of Cadbury's and their aims and objectives
- Analysis and Development of Porter's Five Forces Model.
- What are the main differences between classical and operant ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.