- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Reporting Financial Performance
The first 200 words of this essay...
SQF4 Reporting Financial Performance
The FRS 3 was issued in October 1992. "The objective of FRS 3 is to require entities falling within its scope to highlight a range of important components of financial performance to aid users in understanding the performance achieved by a reporting entity in a period and to assist them in forming a basis for their assessment of future results and cash flows"(Alexander,p615). This objective is met by requiring entities to use a layered format for the profit and loss account that will highlight important components of the financial performance such as results of continuing operations, result of discontinued operations, profit or loss on the sale or termination of an operation or restructuring and profit or loss on the disposable of fixed assets and extraordinary items. The format of disclosures for the performance statement is changed later. The ASB issued FRED 22 'Reporting Financial Performance' as a proposed revision to FRS 3, in December 2000.
The proposals in the FRED are a natural progression from FRS 3 'Reporting Financial
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- Financial Management Essay. the importance of capital struct...
- ENRON - The rise and fall of an energy empire.
- Ciba Case Analysis
- "The process of absorption costing (also known as overh...
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Strategic Alliances and Join...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.