- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Retail promotion practices in Hong Kong and Australia - A cross-country study.
The first 200 words of this essay...
RETAIL PROMOTION PRACTICES IN HONG KONG AND Australia -
A CROSS-COUNTRY STUDY
This study provides insight into differences in promotional tool preferences and spending between retailers of two national markets that have distinct cultural values. I compared and contrasted the sales promotion and mass media tools preferences and spending of Hong Kong and Australian retailers. The study indicate that the Hong Kong retailers are more inclined to use the sales promotion tools relative to Australia. The results of this study provide an interesting insight into how national culture can influence retailers' choice of not only using promotional tools, but also the type of promotional tools that they choose. This claim is based on comparing like with like that is, clothing and shoe retailers, who tend to carry similar product items. The only difference between these retailers thus is national culture, in particular the cultural value differences between Hong Kong Chinese and Australian Europeans. Basically there are four cultural values on which we can focus to explain the differences in the perception of sales promotion versus mass media tools between the retailers in Hong Kong and Australia. They include a desire to build relationships, risk aversion,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Branding. This dissertation aims to link the brand literatur...
- Concept of Product Life Cycle
- This is a SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Thre...
- Business Ethics: Unsafe Product A product can be defective ...
- MARKETING STRATEGY
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.