- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
'Some people consider that it is not possible for an organisation to exist without performance indicators' Discuss.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Organisational Accounting & Control; Coursework/Essay.
Rajiv Y. Tanna
Dr. Derek E. Purdy
University of Reading
a) 'Some people consider that it is not possible for an organisation to exist without performance indicators' Discuss.
b) 'Outline your own types of performance indicators that could be used in a school and indicate any problems with these'.
a) I agree with the statement that it is not possible for an organisation to exist without performance indicators.
According to Smith, performance indicators "facilitate estimation of the production function confronting the organisation, so that best practice can be identified and achievable targets set." According to Bartol and Martin, an organisation is "two or more persons engaged in a systematic effort to produce goods or services."
Organising is "the process of allocating and arranging human and nonhuman resources so that plans can be carried out successfully". By making use of performance indicators, central management is therefore able to assess the productivity and efficiency of each division or department in an organisation. It is important to note that divisional profitability is a very important figure to look at in order to assess how effectively
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- LITERATURE REVIEW STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- Dissertation proposal "Critically evaluate recruitmen...
- Recruitment and Selection
- HRM best practise case study. Research into HRM at a branch...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo