- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
STOCK SPLIT ANNOUNCEMENTS: A TEST OF MARKET EFFICIENCY
The first 200 words of this essay...
Stock Analysis - Consumer Discretionary Sector
Sony Corporation aims to create new value based on the linked concepts of "inspiration" and "shared experience" and to thus strengthen products and applications. However, after analyzing the relevant market of Consumer Discretionary, Sony financials, Sony's future risk, Sony's future growth and their competition, buying stock at this time during an economic recession could be very risky. This paper is intended to help guide individuals through their crucial decision making process of purchasing and selling stock.
The Consumer Discretionary Sector of the market, which Sony Corporation is a part of its consumer goods sector, includes those industries that tend to be the most sensitive to economic cycles. The manufacturing segment includes automotive, household durable goods, textiles & apparel and leisure equipment. The services segment includes hotels, restaurants and other leisure facilities, media production and services, and consumer retailing and services.
Currently the Consumer Discretionary sector makes up 9.98 percent of the total market. Illustrated below is a visual of the year S&P 500 index vs. the Consumer Discretionary sector:
As shown, the Consumer
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- Nike Inc: Cost of Capital.
- Airplane industry analysis. This report will consider the c...
- Describe and explain the key elements of the macro- (externa...
- Brunswick Distribution Case Report.
- Financial analysis of Wipro ltd. The ratio analysis of the c...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student