- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Strategic Management Case study: GENERAL ELECTRIC- ROMANIAN BRANCH
- Essay length: 3994 words
- Submitted: 26/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
GENERAL ELECTRIC- ROMANIAN BRANCH
a. GE's History
b. GE's Nowadays
c. Organizational Structure
2. Processes of strategic management
i. Organizational Resources
ii. Vision, mission
iv. Strategic advantage
v. Porter's 5 forces
i. Strategic objectives (major goals)
ii. Resistances to change
a. GE's History
1876 was the year that Thomas Alva Edison opened a laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey, where he could explore the possibilities of the dynamo and other electrical devices that he had seen in the Exposition. Out of that laboratory was to come perhaps the greatest invention of the age - a successful incandescent electric lamp. By 1890, Edison established the Edison General Electric Company by bringing his various businesses together. During that period, a competitor emerged. The Thomson-Houston Company became a dominant electrical innovation company through a series of mergers led by Charles A. Coffin, a former shoe manufacturer from Lynn, Massachusetts.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- "What is group dynamics and, why is understanding of gr...
- It is the premise of this essay that the effectiveness of a ...
- Change Management
- Comparing Leadership styles of Western and Asian Managers.
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.