- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Summary of The Tortuous Evolution of the Multinational Corporation By Howard V. Perlmutter.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Tortuous Evolution of the Multinational Corporation
By Howard V. Perlmutter
Stephanie Breuer (9503) and Jim Bennett (8302)
MGT 614: Global & Transnational Management (Section 90)
Spring 2004, Term I
January 21, 2004
Ask four different people and you will get four different answers as to what a multinational company is. Some companies will think that they are multinational because their products are marketed in many different countries, have manufacturing located around the world, or even because they have executives who are non-American. But what is the big deal with a company being multinational? This is because many companies regard being multinational with prestige and respect.
Executives of firms have different criteria in which they rate if their firm is multinational or not. They have different reasons for wanting their firm to be multinational. The first is that they see a company that is multinational as having a great long-term lookout. Another reason is that this is seen as a different type of company. It is seen as a different type of company for a few reasons. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- An example of a personal development plan
- Managing financial resources and decision assignment
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Strategic Business Plan of Nokia. This strategic report exa...
- Easyjet analysis - Within this essay there is going to be an...
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.