- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Summary of The Tortuous Evolution of the Multinational Corporation By Howard V. Perlmutter.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Tortuous Evolution of the Multinational Corporation
By Howard V. Perlmutter
Stephanie Breuer (9503) and Jim Bennett (8302)
MGT 614: Global & Transnational Management (Section 90)
Spring 2004, Term I
January 21, 2004
Ask four different people and you will get four different answers as to what a multinational company is. Some companies will think that they are multinational because their products are marketed in many different countries, have manufacturing located around the world, or even because they have executives who are non-American. But what is the big deal with a company being multinational? This is because many companies regard being multinational with prestige and respect.
Executives of firms have different criteria in which they rate if their firm is multinational or not. They have different reasons for wanting their firm to be multinational. The first is that they see a company that is multinational as having a great long-term lookout. Another reason is that this is seen as a different type of company. It is seen as a different type of company for a few reasons. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Strategic-Marketing-Management. This report is a study of pr...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Managing financial resources and decision assignment
- I will attempt to define how teams operate within organisati...
- Critically examine the managerial implications of employee e...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo