- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The aim of this report is to make available information relating to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) in Bo Caf and to provide an overview of good practices at both the policy and workplace levels.
- Essay length: 3387 words
- Submitted: 21/06/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
The hotel, restaurant and catering sector covers a wide range of different businesses including hotels, pubs and restaurants, fast-food takeaways, cafes and bistros. It plays an important role as a job creator in the service sector and in the economy as a whole in Australia.
As there are huge number of people working in service industry, it is important to manage the risks and prevent the causes of accidents and ill health in the hospitality sector. In other words, employers and employees have a duty of care to all people in NSW workplaces with regard to health, safety and welfare at work under NSW Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 (NSW OHS Act) (Occupational Health and Safety in Hospitality, 2003:3) .
The aim of this report is to make available information relating to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) in Bo Café and to provide an overview of good practices at both the policy and workplace levels.
The first part of the report presents the key OHS policies relating to Café sector such as hygiene, safety and security in the workplace.
The report then focuses on the prevention of risks to workers in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Personal, Academic and Career Effectiveness. Business and Hu...
- Jinnikins Jeans' approach to HR
- Career Development Plan Summary
- Models of Human Resource Management: A Critical Review of Th...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.