- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The company which I have chosen to investigate is the top end entertainment electronic producer, Bang & Olufsen.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The company which I have chosen to investigate is the top end entertainment electronic producer, Bang & Olufsen. B&O is a luxury lifestyle brand, as it's their image, design and quality are not rational. Bang & Olufsen's image means that their target group are prepared to pay 'luxury' prices. B&O is the 'Porsche' of the entertainment electronics producers.
The only other electronic producer which is really anywhere close to B&O's standard is their main rival Loewe. Loewe is compared with BMW rather than Porsche, as they market middle to higher-end entertainment electronic products and are still far from attaining B&O's luxury lifestyle image. However, Loewe has managed to create a strong upmarket brand.
Both company's were founded in the 1920s, and both their main philosophy is focus on core business.
Bang & Olufsen's sales are increasing as they are gradually becoming widely recognised. This is shown in the table below:
YEAR END NET SALES PRE-TAX PROFIT YIELD
(31 MAY) (EUROS M) (EUROS M) (%)
2000 512.1 30.11 1.1
2001 558.2 30.38 2.0
2002 609.5 39.52 2.4
2003E 666.8 48.93 2.9
Source: Company data and Deutsche Bank
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- MARKETING STRATEGY
- Introduction to Marketing - Using Sony/Sony Ericsson as an e...
- An appropriateness of applying PEST analysis, Porter's Five ...
- Marketing and the four P's.
- Formulating Marketing Strategy In the Food and Hospitality I...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.