- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The following report analyses the factors involved which has forced 'Williams Garden Furniture Ltd' [WGF] into problems for future development.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The following report analyses the factors involved which has forced 'Williams Garden Furniture Ltd' [WGF] into problems for future development. Initially, the small business consisting of 40 employees, was well known in the garden furniture sector but through poor management and external factors the expansion and very future of WGF is questionable. The small firm needs to review its position by adopting the following analytical procedure:
* Where are the current problems and issues
* Where does the business see itself in the future
* What will have to be done to get there
By analysing WGF using the 'SWOT Analysis' technique, this should identify their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. This can then be used in the development of a number of strategic options, which should attempt to tackle opportunities and threats, build on corporate strengths and avoid weaknesses.
This then provides management with the relevant information upon which to determine future strategy.
* Expansion from micro to small business
* Early success was due to recruitment of some highly skilled middle aged craft workers
* Produced quality garden furniture products (up market) sold in department stores and garden
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- Universal Banking
- BMW Production Process
- Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Foreign exchange exposure and its hedging - example of Infos...
- Making use of Porter's five forces model and strategic group...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.