- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The main aim of this study is to determine and learn the competitive strategies adopted by companies to survive the effects of recession. While the main objectives are to:
- Essay length: 15352 words
- Submitted: 01/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
1.1. Executive Summary
A recession is a dreadful situation for any business and must be endured till the economy gets back into its normal state. All the projections of sales fall in short and survival mode takes its place. But there are many stories about companies that flourish well during poor economic conditions. Intel, Amazon, Southwest Airlines grew about thirty percent per year during the recession periods of 1980-1982, 1991, 2001and 2008 while their competitors disappeared. It is based on how each day with its on conditions is handled; shape our lives in the long and short run. Similarly the success of large and small enterprises depends upon their response and preparation to economic conditions and ever changing business. According to Allen (2000) Companies mastering business optimization during recession allows economic forecasts to guide the company. Companies have to -if they have not yet done- come to terms with the realities of new competitive situation. The recession nowadays will lead to the downfall of business models that are purely ineffective and accelerates the restructuring of the entire industry. When the global economy slides down into a recession many firms face new opportunities and challenges. As
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Change Management
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Project Management - three tools or methods that are used wi...
- The Importance of Business Organisation and Structure.
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.