- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The relationship between levels of intrinsic motivation and perception of parental pressure in junior tennis teams.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The relationship between levels of intrinsic motivation and
perception of parental pressure in junior tennis teams.
The purpose of this study was to test whether parental pressure affects the level of intrinsic motivation in junior tennis players. Junior tennis players (N=20; 10 male, 10 female) with a mean age of 12.2 years (standard deviation = 0.6 years). Subjects were presented with two short questionnaires one designed to measure the levels of intrinsic motivation and one designed to measure their perceived level of intrinsic motivation. A dependent Pearson product moment correlation coefficient test's results revealed that there was a significance level of 0.01. The results suggested that the higher the level of parental pressure the child felt the lower their level of intrinsic motivation would be. Implications include the need to warn parents that pressurising their children can make sport less enjoyable for them.
Relationship between levels of intrinsic motivation and perception of parental pressure.
On experiencing competition between individuals and noticing differences in their attitudes towards competition. Individuals tend to search for causes of this difference. One approach to examining the "attitudes" individuals have towards competition and their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Human Resource Management - HRM approaches, HR Planning, Job...
- Motivation Theories
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.