- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
There are many methods of analysing strategic management, such as the PESTLE analysis and SWOT analysis. This essay will demonstrate the Porter's five-force analysis by focusing on the strategic management of Microsoft.
The first 200 words of this essay...
International Environment of Business
Student Number: 0300072
In general, strategy provides a company the direction over long-term and the goal to achieve by allocating resources efficiently. It maybe varied during different periods of the business operation and for different products or locations. However, the key question in strategic management is always that "how firms can gain and sustain competitive advantages that differentiates them from their competitors". (Baum, J. & McGahan, A. 2004, P.255) There are many methods of analysing strategic management, such as the PESTLE analysis and SWOT analysis. This essay will demonstrate the Porter's five-force analysis by focusing on the strategic management of Microsoft.
Microsoft's mission statement says that "we work to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential". (www.microsoft.com) This clearly shows the company's intention to develop convenient computer soft-wares that would meet customers' various requirements, which corresponds with its key values including its market orientation, passion for technology, and the willingness of taking on responsibilities and risks. The statement points out the direction that the strategic management needs to focus on.
Porter's five-force analysis examines the following elements: the competitive rivalry; the threats
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Branding. This dissertation aims to link the brand literatur...
- Market Research Proposal
- A business overview of British Telecommunications (UK)
- How will the University of Ottawa fill the seats on time for...
- Using Porter's model identify and analyse the generic strate...
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.