- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This essay will focus on analysing Total Quality Management and Six Sigmas business management strategy. These concepts are hereby used as references to commonly used methods aimed at achieving better quality in businesses operational environment.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The famous Greek philosopher Aristotle is known to have said that "quality is not an act, it's a habit". But what was really meant by quality then? As far as operations management is concerned, quality relates to conforming both to specifications and customer needs. Such meaning of quality which has led to quality movement, can be traced back to medieval Europe where craftsmen began organising into unions called guilds in the late 13th century. However until the early 19th century, manufacturing in the industrialised world tended to follow this craftsmanship model. The factory system, with its emphasis on product inspection, started in Great Britain in the mid-1750s and grew into the Industrial Revolution in the early 1800s (ASQ, 2010). But as markets have become much more competitive in the last 20 to 30 years, quality started being widely regarded as a key ingredient for success in business. Consequently, one of the most important issues that businesses have focused on in that period of time has been quality. Various philosophies, systems and other procedures subsequently emerged around the quality concept. This essay will focus on analysing Total Quality Management and Six Sigma's business management strategy. These concepts are hereby used as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Change Management
- "What is group dynamics and, why is understanding of gr...
- Evaluating the different sources of business finance.
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.