- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This report examines the external environment surrounding Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Inc. over the next five years to determine if the outside world will either assist or hinder the company in realizing its mission.
- Essay length: 4742 words
- Submitted: 28/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2
2. Fairmont Overview 2
3. PEST Analysis 4
3.1. Political Factors and Trends 4
3.2. Economic Factors and Trends 6
3.3. Social Factors and Trends 7
3.4. Technological Factors and Trends 8
4. Porter 5-Forces Analysis 10
4.1. Existing Competitors 10
4.2. Potential Competitors 11
4.3. Substitute Products 13
4.4. Customers 14
4.5. Suppliers 15
5. Conclusions 16
6. Bibliography 18
Often a firm's success or failure, or the degree of either, is not under its direct control. A well managed firm can fail while a mediocre firm can be highly successful simply by being in the right industry or geography at the right time. It is therefore important not only to examine a firm's management, products and track record but also the external factors affecting its success.
This report examines the external environment surrounding Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Inc. over the next five years to determine if the outside world will either assist or hinder the company in realizing its mission. First, this report will provide an overview of the company's
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Tourism, Transport & Travel (view all)
- Show with example how British seaside resorts have been affe...
- Sex tourism in a global tourism economy: A study of the dema...
- Explain why seaside resorts in Britain grew in popularity du...
- Dissertation on medical tourism. Most of the publications o...
- The Leisure and Recreation Industry.
- Comparing EasyJet and BA's Pricing Essay
- Select a sector of the UKs tourism or hospitality industry a...
- The development of tourism and its importance to the economi...
- Hotel Industry Analysis. Over the last few decades, a few l...
- Road Transportation: an intra-European look. My research wi...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.