- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To what extent is HRM different from conventional Personnel Management? Is it the same phenomenon in a different name and modern version?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to People and operations management and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
ESSAY TITLE : To what extent is HRM different from conventional
Personnel Management? Is it the same
phenomenon in a different name and modern
NAME : Quincy Pule
STUDENT No. : 803p5227
SUBJECT : Critical Human Resources Management
LECTURER : Mr. N. Jack
DEGREE : B.A.(Hons.)-Industrial Relations
DUE DATE : 25 August 2003
To capture the theme of my essay, I will first distinguish between HRM and Personnel Management. Thereafter I will provide a general overview of management, interrogate the four dimensions of HRM, ie, inception, development, motivation and maintenance. It is also my intention to delve into the peculiarities of personnel management, which has at some stage grown both as an academic discipline and as a field of application in work organizations. Whether the two disciplines are similar or different, that will be discussed just before the conclusion.
DEFINITION OF HRM
According to Pieters, M.A. (1996:4), Human Resources Management can be defined as a process consisting of the dimensions of :
(i) "inception (getting individuals into the organization)
(ii) development (preparing employees to work effectively and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- My Personal Swot Analysis.
- Managing Diversity within the Organization
- Reward Management, Monitoring Performance and Exit Rights &a...
- What is the purpose of discipline in employment, nature and ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.