- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To what extent is HRM different from conventional Personnel Management? Is it the same phenomenon in a different name and modern version?
The first 200 words of this essay...
ESSAY TITLE : To what extent is HRM different from conventional
Personnel Management? Is it the same
phenomenon in a different name and modern
NAME : Quincy Pule
STUDENT No. : 803p5227
SUBJECT : Critical Human Resources Management
LECTURER : Mr. N. Jack
DEGREE : B.A.(Hons.)-Industrial Relations
DUE DATE : 25 August 2003
To capture the theme of my essay, I will first distinguish between HRM and Personnel Management. Thereafter I will provide a general overview of management, interrogate the four dimensions of HRM, ie, inception, development, motivation and maintenance. It is also my intention to delve into the peculiarities of personnel management, which has at some stage grown both as an academic discipline and as a field of application in work organizations. Whether the two disciplines are similar or different, that will be discussed just before the conclusion.
DEFINITION OF HRM
According to Pieters, M.A. (1996:4), Human Resources Management can be defined as a process consisting of the dimensions of :
(i) "inception (getting individuals into the organization)
(ii) development (preparing employees to work effectively and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Compare and contrast TWO modern recruitment/selection method...
- What are the critical differences between content and proces...
- The Role Of Human Resource Management. Theories and Case S...
- This research proposal is for the independent study based on...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.