- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Tools of monetary policy and problems of them working properly: Unconventional monetary policy
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Tools of monetary policy and problems
of them working properly:
Unconventional monetary policy"
The recent crisis one more time revealed the importance and complexity of the financial sector of the economy and the problem of its proper regulation. The crash of Lehman brothers marked the failure of the financial system in its existing form. Nowadays there are heated debates about the future of the world financial system in the political and academic circles. In this context the topic of my essay is seen to be very important and pressing. The monetary authorities all over the world got a chance to test their latest developments in monetary policy in practice.
Although the idea that the money supply affects the real economy came to people`s mind in the middle of XVIII century it was the subject of ideological controversy among economic schools for a long time. The "classics" proposed the principles of neutrality of money that is changes in monetary variables affect only nominal variables (price level, nominal wages, etc.) but don`t change the real variables (output, employment, etc.). Partly as a result of such underestimation the monetary policy was not popular with politicians until 1960s since
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political & International Economics (view all)
- What role did private investment and initivative play in the...
- Explain the operation of the Keynesian multiplier
- EXCHANGE RATE IN BANGLADESH
- Why the UK government regulates firms and markets.
- UK Retail Industry environmental scanning
- Explain how and why the ongoing crisis in the Eurozone has a...
- Describe the Positive and Negative Effects of Globalisation ...
- Why have policies of trade liberalisation been applied to Br...
- European Business Environment. In this portfolio I will cov...
- Causes and Effects of the Global Financial Crisis
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.