- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Total quality management - Federal express case study.
- Essay length: 3505 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
FEDEX (FEDERAL EXPRESS) CORPORATION
1. FedEx's business and quality management culture
FedEx's vision and goal is "satisfying worldwide demand for fast, time-definite, reliable distribution" (Cisco Systems, 1999). This vision inherently requires that the company operate under a customer-focused approach. This is what FedEx has been doing since its founding - the company has emphasized putting customers first and has continuously updated and upgraded to meet this goal and fulfill its vision. FedEx has strong relationships with customers, suppliers and vendors and it has consistently been innovative in developing technology solutions to improve these relationships and services (Cisco Systems, 1999).
Over the years, FedEx has designed and implemented numerous systems to meet its goals of customer satisfaction. Examples include the following:
* In 1979, the COSMOS system was introduced, which is a centralized computer system designed to manage vehicles, people, packages, and route and weather scenarios on a real-time basis (FedEx, 2002).
* In 1980, DADS (Digitally Assisted Dispatch System) was introduced to coordinate on-call pickups for customers (FedEx, 2002).
* In 1984, the first PC-based automated shipping system, later
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Strategic-Marketing-Management. This report is a study of pr...
- I will attempt to define how teams operate within organisati...
- An example of a personal development plan
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'