- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 4802 words
- Submitted: 23/11/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Applied Economics and Marketing for Managers
Assignment Part B
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
Comparison of Financial Appraisal and Cost Benefit Analysis 3
Application of Cost Benefit Analysis on Metro Rail System set up in New Delhi 5
Financial Costs and Benefits of the Metro 7
Identification of Economic Benefits and Costs of Metro 10
Stakeholder Analysis 13
Governments and private business houses have different objectives to achieve. Hence the approach to appraise the expenditure is different. Financial Appraisal and Cost Benefit Analysis are few techniques used by governments and private sector companies. Private sector companies look at the financial aspect of business, which are the profit, return on investment, net present value etc. State owned enterprise will also look at the society as well, along with the financial aspects. There are many projects that are done in public-private sector partnerships. The rationale behind any project could depend on many factors such as political, social, economic, environmental, technological etc. Transport is one such area where both private and public sector companies are interested. To
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Applied Economics (view all)
- Elasticity of demand
- What is the role of menu costs in New Keynesian models? Is t...
- Crime is a social concern and one of the biggest political i...
- Profit Maximization
- The Economics Of Smoking.
- Economics Questions on Entrepreneurs, Equilibrium Pricing. M...
- Choose an industry that is very competitive, and one that di...
- BAfter the Berlin wall came down movement between East and W...
- Externalities and overfishing in the fishing industry
- The goal of this article is to check theory of growth rate o...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.