- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Using Porters' Five Forces theory, analyse the competitive environment of a business of your choice - Sainsbury's Plc
The first 200 words of this essay...
Using Porters' Five Forces theory, analyse the competitive environment of a business of your choice.
Sainsbury's was founded in 1889. The owners of Sainsbury's opened their first dairy shop in London. The dairy farm was a success as a business because of its low prices, the popularity of this shop lead to several other shops being opened in different locations around London. Between the period 1890 to 1900 the number of Sainsbury branches increased from 16 to 48. Sainsbury is one of the lead trading stores in Britain. The corporation employs 153,000 people 68% of these are part time and 32% are full time. 30,000 products are sold, 50% of these are Sainsbury's own brand.
Sainsbury's serves over 14 million customers a week and at the end of the Financial year 26 March 2005 had 727 stores throughout the UK. Nearly 60% of their stores are in centre or edge-of-centre locations, many of these built on previously redundant sites.
The food retail market is very competitve. The firms which dominate the market are the large firms which trade nationally. There are few firms which trade nationally the ones that do trade
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Walt Disney: SWOT, PESTEL and Porter analysis
- Critically evaluate the usefulness of the product life cycle...
- My research aims to study the impact of advertising on consu...
- An appropriateness of applying PEST analysis, Porter's Five ...
- Executive Summary - Coca Cola.
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.