- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Using relevant theories and examples explain how motivation can affect employee(TM)s commitment and performance at work?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Using relevant theories and examples explain how motivation can affect employee's commitment and performance at work?
Motivation originates from the word 'move' and refers to the internal drive necessary to steer people's actions and behaviours towards goals. This 'force' is the degree to which an individual wants and chooses to engage in certain specified behaviours (Mullins 2005). However, motivated behaviours are voluntary choices controlled by the individual and can have multiple-step processes that move a person towards a specific goal. In a business environment, the manager/supervisor (being the motivator) wants to influence the factors that motivate their employees so that they perform at higher levels of productivity. Although there are many various theories which attempt to explain motivation, there still seems to be no precise answer to what exactly motivates people to work well. I aim going to identify (backed with an appropriate examples) the most common and effective type(s) of motivation with results to prove.
As mentioned before, there are various theories of motivation for managers to use, and it tends to be extremely difficult to choose just one or two ways that motivate all of your employees. However these theories can be separated into two main
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Research Proposal - Awareness of Going Green among MMU stude...
- Personal development plan
- Change Management at Borders Books and Barnes & Noble
- Virgin group
- Discuss the various issues of managerial behaviour and relat...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.