- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Assessment No 3
VisitBritain is a major organisation when it comes to selling Britain to the world. Analyse the work of VisitBritain and identify areas where they are succeeding or areas where they are failing in their efforts.
The role of VisitBritain is to market the UK to the British and the rest of the world. Formed on 1st April 2003 by the merger of The British Tourist Authority and The English Tourism Council, its mission is to build the value of tourism by creating world class destination brands and marketing campaigns. (Gale 2007). It is funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
VisitBritain sees itself as the national tourism agency which promotes Britain internationally in 36 markets and England in Britain, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Ireland. It builds the value of tourism by creating world-class destination brands and marketing campaigns and by building partnerships with, and providing insights to other organisations with a stake in British tourism.1 In its own words it states:
"Our mission is to build the value of tourism to Britain and in England, generating wealth and jobs across Britain. Our
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Tourism, Transport & Travel (view all)
- Show with example how British seaside resorts have been affe...
- Sex tourism in a global tourism economy: A study of the dema...
- The Leisure and Recreation Industry.
- Explain why seaside resorts in Britain grew in popularity du...
- Dissertation on medical tourism. Most of the publications o...
- Comparing EasyJet and BA's Pricing Essay
- Select a sector of the UKs tourism or hospitality industry a...
- The development of tourism and its importance to the economi...
- Hotel Industry Analysis. Over the last few decades, a few l...
- Road Transportation: an intra-European look. My research wi...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo