- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What do managers do? How important is managerial leadership for the running of effective organizations?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Xiaochao Peng (BA. IBFE. 1st year)
Tutorial Group: 18 (Monday, 13.00-14.00)
Topic: What do managers do? How important is managerial leadership for the running of effective organizations? (non-assessed)
A manager is a person who plans, organizes, directs, and controls the allocation of human, material, financial, and information resources in pursuit of the organization's goals. The many different types of managers include department managers, product managers, account managers, plant managers, division managers, district managers, and task force managers. What they all have in common is responsibility for the efforts of a group of people who share a goal and access to resources that the group can use in pursuing its goal. An important responsibility of managers such as Laing is to ensure that their groups understand their goals and how achieving their goals is related to the success of their organizations. Saatchi & Saatchi's primary goal is to "make clients' brands famous." While achieving that goal, the company also has the goal of making its own name famous. It achieves these goals by producing excellent advertising for its current clients and by attracting new accounts (Brodin, 1997). The purpose of this essay is to talk about what the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- Change Management
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'