- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What kinds of interventions are typically used to manage 'stress' at work? How effective are they?
- Essay length: 5788 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
WWB Essay4: What kinds of interventions are typically used to manage 'stress' at work? How effective are they?
In addition to defining a number of relevant terms (e.g., the notion of stress management and those of intervention-typicality, -goals and -effectiveness), Part 1 of this essay sets the ground for a discussion of the relative usefulness of typical interventions amidst the plethora of methodological and, perhaps more seriously, theoretical problems that seem to characterize so much of stress research and stress intervention practice.
This is followed in Part 2 by a more systematic review of evidence relevant to evaluating the effectiveness of a number of 'typical' interventions, including stress management training, employee assistance programmes and workplace counselling. Such interventions are compared with so-called primary interventions in order to gain a more complete view of their relative effectiveness.
Part 3 addresses a number of more general theoretical issues as they relate to problems relevant to the derivation, implementation and evaluation of stress management interventions including those of direct interest to the present study. The essay concludes with a brief discussion of possible socio-political influences on stress phenomena and their study and explores briefly some of the implications
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- Critically discuss the Best Fit approach to strategic human ...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- This research proposal is for the independent study based on...
- Reflexivity. Critically evaluating my learning logs I will d...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student