- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Why was David Simon able to carry out Horton's transformation process? What did Simon do right and what did Horton do wrong? Why?
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Why was David Simon able to carry out Horton's transformation process? What did Simon do right and what did Horton do wrong? Why?
Even though David Simon continued with Horton's transformation process called "Project 1990", he was able to reverse the company's downturn and lead it back to success. The reason Simon was able to achieve a different outcome using a similar strategy was his leader management style. Simon stated "This is about the style of running the company at the top. It is not about changes in strategy."
During his tenure at BP, Horton did not build team cohesion or provide motivational power among his employees. He had the right idea of changing corporate culture to accomplish the transformation, but he had failed to effectively articulate it to his subordinates. Many employees were disappointed with the program and were forced to deal with the change. This might have caused them to lose their sense of interest and involvement in the preparation phase, and error # 4 ensues. Specifically, loss of employee morale becomes a major problem in the initial process of change. Not only did Horton lose the "hearts and minds of [his] troops",
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Green Logistics
- Research Proposal - Awareness of Going Green among MMU stude...
- How relevant are Fayol's ideas on managing groups and indivi...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.