- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A Trip to the Moon
The first 200 words of this essay...
One of my favorite earliest filmmakers would have to be Georges Melies. The first time I saw A Trip to the Moon I was completely awe-struck. The way Melies, within that film, practically created the genre of science-fiction is utterly brilliant. Arguably considered the father of science-fiction, Melies forever changed the cinema timeline with his own innovations.
Originally a magician, Melies used technologies within film to enhance his career not as a filmmaker, but as a magician. Working at the Theatre Robert-Houdin as a magician, it was after observing the Lumieres' camera that prompted his interest in film. It was then in 1897 that Melies decided to open his own studio. He then went to direct films where the actors would stand in front of painted sets that he created and were inspired by his love for magic.
The story of Melies' learned love for special effects is indeed one to be told. While he was shooting one of his many films in a city street one day, the camera jammed. While the camera was originally rolling, a carriage was passing through the frame. But only after the camera had jammed and then been
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Fine Art, Design Studies, Art History, Crafts (view all)
- The counter culture movement of the 1960s was a cultural rev...
- What was the Enlightenment and what impact did it have upon ...
- In this essay my aim is to outline the life of Dion Boucicau...
- Dissertation Proposal
- How does photography affect us?
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.