- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
College Students and Plastic Money: Costs of Student Debt
The first 200 words of this essay...
College Students and Plastic Money:
Costs of Student Debt
During 1997-1998, two students committed suicide because of credit card debt. The problem of credit card debt and college students are increasing and has been discussed in mass media to draw people's attention to the negative social effects of college student credit card debt. Many students want to own a credit card because of a belief that they will get benefits to establish a credit card history which will help them get loans or any other credit in the future, and it is not difficult for them to get one. However, lack of financial knowledge causes students to get into debt easily because they do not "realize how quickly interest can compound or how important it is to read the fine print of credit card offers" (Hildebrandt). Casey Perkins, a college student, said from her experience, "I didn't really understand how a credit card worked. I didn't know that if I didn't pay my entire bill at the end of each month I'd receive a finance charge" (61). Even though many students like to use credit cards for emergencies or necessities such as tuition fees or books and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR THE 5- ...
- Reflective Review of Practice
- Personal reflection
- Reflection on E111 Course. The major achievement of this cou...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.