- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Debate: Student centred learning Vs Teacher centred learning
The first 200 words of this essay...
DEBATE: STUDENT CENTRED LEARNING VS TEACHER CENTRED LEARNING
Student centred learning and teacher centred learning both have their advantages and disadvantages, there have been numerous facts, beliefs and ideas proposed to say which learning style is the most effective, but there is no distinct answer to which is the best method.
The main advantages of student centred learning is that the pupil has more of an active role to play in their learning. In the course of doing this students can adapt the way they learn, to make their studies more effective. Students can also learn from one another through co-operative learning, the ideal situation for this type group work is that weaker students should be placed with more able students to act as scaffolding, another advantage of this that it can help to build social skills and self-esteem and also students gain more emotional and cognitive support from their peers. Some disadvantages to this would be that some pupils may feel held back by other less able students, group work may not be suitable for shyer pupils and also students are more likely to be distracted from their work. To help resolve these
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Enabling Effective Inclusion. This school development plan ...
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.