- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
In response to the Governments SEN strategy Removing barriers to achievement a spokesperson for the Centre for Studies on Inclusive Education (CSIE) said, Segregated schooling does not lead to inclusion. It perpetuates discri
- Essay length: 4515 words
- Submitted: 03/04/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
In response to the Government's SEN strategy 'Removing barriers to achievement' a spokesperson for the Centre for Studies on Inclusive Education (CSIE) said, "Segregated schooling does not lead to inclusion. It perpetuates discrimination, devaluation, stigmatism, stereotyping, prejudice and isolation. Disabled adults identify these conditions as the biggest barriers to respect, participation and a regarding life in mainstream society."
Critically examine this viewpoint
The Concise Oxford English dictionary defines the verb to include as; to 'contain part of a whole' or to 'treat as part of a whole' (2008). When discussing a child's education it may be assumed that 'the whole' is all children who should be educated together. Any child not given the opportunity to be educated with 'the whole' therefore may be perceived as being excluded, or denied access to the school. The perception of inclusion and the practicalities of implementing it within a mainstream or special school will be discussed. The question of whether the parents or the child's views on the desired place of education should be taken into consideration and whether the current system for inclusive education is sufficient to meet the demands of the increasing additional education needs population.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- A Reflective Practice Assignment Demonstrating Personal and ...
- Self - Esteem, Praise, Encouragement - The Key to Student Su...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Compare your school Ofsted Report to the Steer Report of the...
- Should all school students be encouraged to go to university...
- Teaching and the Law. Summarize the key aspects and current ...
- Outline the similarities and differences between the notions...
- I am currently working as a nursery nurse (practitioner) in ...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student