- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Mary Wollstencraft. I will focus on educator Mary Wollstonecraft and her work A vindication of the rights of women.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Within this essay, I will focus on educator Mary Wollstonecraft and her work 'A vindication of the rights of women'.
Mary Wollstonecraft was born in 1759, an although largely self-educated, she wrote several books including the much publicised 'A vindication of the rights of Women' which was published in 1792, and of which research for this essay was taken from. Mary grew up in various places in England on farms run by her parents. Due to the erratic and often violent nature of her father, Mary often had to intervene in fights between her parents, and is quoted as '...remembering her father as tyrannical, her mother....was too willingly his victim.' (1: Wollstonecraft; 1792) Mary and her family moved from place to place as each farm that her parents ran, failed in prosperity and her father's inheritance started to run out.
After leaving home, Mary worked in several jobs deemed suitable for the female, such as baking and dressmaking. She worked as a companion to an elderly widow in Bath before returning home to nurse her dying mother, and after her mother's subsequent death,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Education and Teaching (view all)
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR THE 5- ...
- This study sets out to investigate the evolving educational ...
- The following is a fictitious case study which has been adap...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.