- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Maslow's theory has important implications for teachers. He suggests that whose deficiency needs have not been met cannot be able to realize the need to know and understand. For example, children who come to school without breakfast, insufficient sleep
- Essay length: 6963 words
- Submitted: 20/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
THEORIES OF INSTRUCTION
HUMANISTIC PSYCHOLOGY AND INSTRUCTIONAL THEORY
Prof. Dr. Meral AKSU
Esma EMMIOGLU & Harun KATANALP
Humanistic psychology tries to understand the behavior from the point of view of the behavior rather than of the observer. Unlike behaviorist humanistic psychologist believe that humans are not solely the products of their environment. Rather humanistic psychologist study human meanings, understandings, and experiences involved in growing, teaching and learning. They emphasize characteristics that are shared by all human beings such as love, grief, caring and self-worth.
Behaviorists viewed self as being too "internal" and hence too unobservable to be of much value and psychoanalytic thinkers considered it to be too conscious and hence too subject to distortion to be believed. Since the 1950s however, the idea of the self as the central core of the person has emerged as a kind of unifying principle of personality for psychologist and educators (Hamacheck, 1987).
The self occupies a central seat of importance in humanistic psychology because it underscores the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Teaching Assi...
- A mechanism process description of a stapler
""Zoey. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.