- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Principles for D&T Teaching
The first 200 words of this essay...
Set high standards and be confident 2
Teach by Example 3
Set Clear Objectives 3
Use praise and rewards, give encouragement. (don't rule by fear) 4
Meet the needs of Individuals 4
Monitor Pupils Progress 4
Classroom Management 5
Starting and Ending 6
Teachers require many attributes to be effective in the delivery of good quality lessons. As well as subject knowledge, teachers need to know how to convey this to the pupils, in a suitable way that will impart that knowledge to them. Pupils at the same time should expect to receive a pleasurable and worthwhile learning experience.
These attributes will become part of the teaching style developed over a period of time and will be informed by a number of 'guiding principles'.
These principles will have been developed from reading, research, reflection, observation, university lectures and teaching practice. The key features of these principles will be used to inform lesson planning and delivery. These key principles will, over a period of time be modified, deleted, or added to, as different skills and experiences are encountered.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Reflective Review of Practice
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Reflection on E111 Course. The major achievement of this cou...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo