- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
The first 200 words of this essay...
The types of assessment in lifelong learning are:
Diagnostic assessment: This is to assess past learning and is often used to assess the standards of students before work starts
Formative assessment: This is an ongoing assessment to see how learners have taken in information and can be conducted as homework, quizzes or informal discussions.
Summative assessment: The concluding assessment to a period of teaching such as Aâ levels or GSCEâs
Taking the above there are forâs and againstâs in all the above methods such as the exam environment can put dread into people whilst others revel in it. Many learners are more practical than exam orientated and as such would be better at doing an oral assessment or practical assessment. Some people are very good at remembering whilst others cant retain information over a long period but doesnât mean they will be a bad learner. Finally the educator assessment which is vital to maintain standards can be a stress on the educator who is already under time and work pressures.
At the Priory Trust which delivers apprenticeships in the workplace, we have a BSA assessment that is carried out on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- A Reflective Practice Assignment Demonstrating Personal and ...
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- Compare your school Ofsted Report to the Steer Report of the...
- Should all school students be encouraged to go to university...
- Teaching and the Law. Summarize the key aspects and current ...
- Outline the similarities and differences between the notions...
- I am currently working as a nursery nurse (practitioner) in ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.