- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Reflective journal Assignment 1: Classroom management
- Essay length: 2047 words
- Submitted: 07/11/2012
- Awarding body: Not known/Not applicable
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Reflective journal Assignment 1: Classroom management
The Report of the Practitioners Group on School Behaviour and Discipline was commissioned to provide the government with information on how good practice could be implanted in schools in the UK. The report stressed the impact that a lack of discipline and poor behaviour had on the effectiveness of education. It stated, âPoor behaviour in schools cannot be tolerated. To do so is to harm the interests of pupils, staff and the perpetrators of the bad behaviour. Children have a right to attend school in safety and to learn without disruption from othersâ (Steer, 2009, p16). The report suggested that the greatest issue inside the classroom is the effect that consistent low level disruption and talking has on learning. This is supported by Ofsted who claimed âThe most common forms of misbehaviour are incessant chatter, calling out, inattention and other forms of nuisance that irritate staff and interrupt learning.â (Ofsted 2005). According to the Steer Report the best way to deal with a lack of discipline and poor behaviour inside the classroom is through a clear and constant whole school policy. The whole school policy should focus on promoting positive behaviour and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- Child Initiated Play Observation. My observation of Child M...
- In What Way Has Modern Day Living Contributed To Obesity In ...
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- The National Curriculum and the role of the primary teacher ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student