- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
role of education in drama
The first 200 words of this essay...
USING RELEVANT REREARCH, AS WELL AS PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES, DISCUSS AND ANALYSE WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND BY THE IMPORTANCE OF DRAMA AS A TOOL FOR LEARNING.
Drama has played a significant role within educational institutions for some time and, consequently, is by no means a new subject. Elizabethan grammar-school education involved a great deal of acting and, during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, several schools in England used Drama. At the turn of the century, John Allen cites that a Board of Education Report for 1898:
Speaks approvingly of the beneficial effect of practical Drama on 'vitalising
language and quickening the perceptive and expressive faculties of boyhood.'1
However, Drama was not recognised as a subject in its own right and tended to be focused upon the staging of plays. Despite this there does seem to have been one man who appreciated the importance of educational Drama both as a subject, and as a tool for learning in the teaching of English. In his book The play way (1914) a schoolteacher named Cauldwell Cook described how he taught Shakespeare to pupils by actually acting out the scenes in a small studio, as opposed to reading through the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- A Reflective Practice Assignment Demonstrating Personal and ...
- Self - Esteem, Praise, Encouragement - The Key to Student Su...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Compare your school Ofsted Report to the Steer Report of the...
- Should all school students be encouraged to go to university...
- Teaching and the Law. Summarize the key aspects and current ...
- Outline the similarities and differences between the notions...
- I am currently working as a nursery nurse (practitioner) in ...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.