- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
teaching styles in different sports
The first 200 words of this essay...
How can you alter your style of teaching to meet the demands of different practice and competitive situations for individual, racket and team sports?
In this assignment I will be looking at the different styles of teaching that are needed for different sports practices. For each different practice there are certain skills needed and so which different style you use is vital to how well the performer will do it. 'Skill is the learned ability, through training and practice, to bring about the result you want with maximum certainty and efficiency' (www.ntatt.org/glossary.html). There are two classifications of skill; open and closed. An open skill is when the environment around where you are performing continually changes e.g. passing in football, whereas, a closed skill is where the environment doesn't alter much e.g. penalty in football.
'In 1986 Mosston and Ashworth identified a range of styles, which were characterised by the amount of decisions that the teacher and learner made in the teaching/learning process' (Honeybourne et al). It is important we use this because of the diversity of the students and how they all learn in different ways. Also, the fact that all the students will be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR THE 5- ...
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- Personal reflection
- An individual written piece identifying and critiquing a cri...
- This study sets out to investigate the evolving educational ...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.