- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution
What Happened? :
As the result of the Great Leap Forward, China 's economy went in to a major crisis. However, Mao increasingly concerned that he was being push in the background. He had a plan to regain the power. Mao believed that China was still a prisoner of her past. He targeted young people and hoped to push China forward. In 1962 Mao came out of a semi-retirement to launch " Socialist Education Movement" The ten years of chaotic mass struggle began in 1966. This was the campaign to get the Chinese people back on the right path of communism. The " Little Red Book" which contained Mao's thought and ideas was studied and recited by Red Guards. This warship is known as the Cult of personality. It has spread throughout China during the Cultural Revolution. In June 1966, schools and universities were all closed down .In May 1966 students in Beijing began to organize themselves as Red Guards to root out what they called " bourgeois attitudes" in university. They also attacked the Four Olds", old ideas, old cultures, old customs and old habits including anything influenced by the Soviet
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- The socio-economic factors influence the educational achieve...
- Enabling Effective Inclusion. This school development plan ...
- Reflective essay
- Explain how the history of education has been a process of c...
- In your own life, your school or placement, how have you est...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.